description

Smarter Cookie: a blog for cooking, baking and everything in between...

Search This Blog

Friday, December 12, 2008

Ultimate Triple Chocolate Cookies

I found this recipe on a few different blogs, and thought that this would be the icing on the cake for my holiday cookie bags that I will be giving out to my co-workers. I did change it a but here is the original recipe from Ghirardelli.


Each new apartment and place that I live I have to get used to the oven and this new oven is hot! I've lightly burned some bottoms of a few different cookies, but just like the new noises, the heat system and the water pressure every oven is different and it takes trial and error. A few of these cookies went in the trash, but I think my oven is about 25 degrees hot. I will list all the recipes at the original temperature that is listed on the recipe and not what I'm personally baking these cookies at. The other huge issue I have is that growing up we had a gas cook tops and electric ovens, so that's obviously what I'm used to. I really hate electric cook tops and gas ovens but until I get to build my own kitchen I'm suck with whatever my landlord wants.

These (besides the oven temperature issue) came out great. They look wonderful, yummy and so chocolaty.


Ultimate Triple Chocolate Cookies

11 1/2 ounce Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
12 ounce Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips

In double boiler over hot water, melt bittersweet chocolate chips and butter. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until thick; stir into chocolate mixture.

In small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder; fold into the chocolate mixture. Gently mix in semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chips and walnuts. Place bowl in the refigerator for an hour to harden the dough before baking. (The original recipe calls for forming it into logs and then slicing, however the dough was way too wet to roll into logs. I would suggest just cooling it down in the bowl and then dropping the cookies instead of slicing them.) Heat oven to 375°F.

Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until shiny crust forms on top but interior is still soft. Cool on baking sheet.


Everyone will love them, they are intensely chocolaty and rich but so good!

No comments: