description

Smarter Cookie: a blog for cooking, baking and everything in between...

Search This Blog

Friday, December 5, 2008

Pumpkin Pie Fudge

Thanksgiving II is tomorrow, and I made candy. Thanksgiving II was created by Ben's roommate and his friends, it's the thanksgiving with your friends: laughing, eating and drinking. A pot luck of everything and anything, your ticket in is bringing something homemade.


I'm excited, and I know Ben is really excited about Thanksgiving II (Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday because of the good food) so a second day of gluttony I bet will be Ben's second favorite holiday.

I found this recipe all over the internet, different blogs had slightly different ingredients, however I went with this one from a blog that I frequently go to. The verdict so far is "amazing and really good" one even from someone who doesn't like pumpkin or sweets that much. So I'm excited to give these as part of the pot luck and share in the joy of Thanksgiving II.


Oh one more note, I moved and this is the first thing I made in my new kitchen. YAY!

Pumpkin Pie Fudge

3 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 generous cup canned pumpkin
2 Tbsp light corn syrup
2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
9 oz white chocolate, chopped
7 oz jar marshmallow cream (fluff)
1 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
1 tsp vanilla extract

Stir together first 6 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 234 degrees. I did not have or own a candy thermometer so I looked at other recipes for similar fudge and it said that this stage should take 12-20 minutes. I went about 15 and the texture seemed correct.

Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining ingredients until well blended (stirring this is a work-out!). Pour into a greased aluminum foil-lined 8-inch square pan. Let stand 2 hours or until completely cool cut fudge into squares. Fudge will last a week or two in an air tight container, but I know this will not last past tomorrow night.


It's a keeper. :)

No comments: