description

Smarter Cookie: a blog for cooking, baking and everything in between...

Search This Blog

Friday, November 14, 2008

Pumpkin Harvest Cookies

So Ben loves pumpkin, and honestly there are not enough recipes out there for pumpkin cookies. I asked Ben what kind of cookies I should make today and he said Pumpkin or Apple Cider. I have yet to find a cookie recipe with apple cider in it (which I have emailed Gourmet to hopefully find one for me, but if any of you know of one send it my way.) I thought these Pumpkin cookies seemed a little different than just your typical Pumpkin Chocolate Chip which I made a few weeks ago. I found them on Cookie Madness but was a little concerned because Anna never went back to post pictures or comments about these cookies. But I figured the ingredients looked good, and it would be a good addition to my Thanksgiving Cookie Plates.


Pumpkin Harvest Cookies

2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
8 oz white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped toasted pecans

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Stir together the flour, spices and baking soda in a medium bowl.


In an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar together. Mix in the eggs (one at a time) and then the pumpkin and the vanilla. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients until mixed. Add the white chocolate and the pecans. Bake for 8-10 minutes depending on size. The tops should be set and the bottoms starting to brown. This made 14 big cookies and 20 small cookies.

I froze these to put on my holiday cookie trays and they should stay about 3 to 4 months. Later I will be bring one over to Bens for the taste test. Hopefully he loves them!

No comments: