description

Smarter Cookie: a blog for cooking, baking and everything in between...

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

About

I guess this is the right place to start...There was a long time that I hated blogs, I would say that maybe I just didn't understand their purpose or ability, until one day I stumbled upon food blogs. This opened up a huge world of recipes, conversations, pictures and experiments to me. I have been looking and endlessly searching every food blog I can find. At some point I realized that I wanted to create and share a blog too. I will post both successes and failures as many other blogs do and hopefully share and encourage others cook and bake and love it as much as I do.

Some things about me:

My name is Hallie, let's start with that, and I am a young twenty-something living in Boston, Massachusetts. I have a terrible kitchen in my apartment, which I share with 4 other twenty-something females, and therefore make do with what I have but also borrow other people's kitchens that are better equipped than mine. I have a love of baking that has been passed down from my grandma to my mom to me. Many of the recipes that I will post have been tested and proven by both my mother and me.

For the longest time thought I was a terrible cook, but with the encouragement of my boyfriend, who can make almost any meat or vegetable taste good, I have started experimenting with cooking more things. This blog is a journey in my food experiences, with hopefully many contributions from my boyfriend, oh yeah, his name is Ben.

Welcome...